Today we started our "Au Revoir Les Enfants" unit. I presented information about France during WWII: the Vichy government, the 3 main reasons people 'went along' with collaboration, and the Resistance. We watched/listened to de Gaulle's "appel du 18 juin". Here is the site for the BBC report we watched part of:
http://www.secondeguerre.net/index.html You might want to watch it all for additional information about what was happening during the Vichy government.
1. READ the text about the Vichy government & add to your in-class notes. Be sure to note any questions you still have about the info. [My PowerPoint was based on this!]
2. FILL OUT the TIMELINE worksheet with the dates & events mentioned in the article. Some sections won't have much.
3. FILL OUT the "Avez-vous déjà" worksheet for Monday. Be sure to understand it.
4. Want to get a little ahead? Do the "Mon Journal" page. Be sure to understand it.
5. If possible this weekend, take time to watch the movie "Schindler's List". This is not required, but you may find it helpful for better understanding of collaboration.